ACCEPTANCE AND CHANGES
DATA AND INFORMATION
Coinpass collect personal information so as to provide the users with our Services. When Coinpass require certain personal information from users it is because such information is relevant for specified purposes. Any information users provide to Coinpass that is not a requirement is done so on a voluntary basis. Please note users are free to choose whether to provide Coinpass with the types of personal information described below, but Coinpass may not be able to provide services as effectively or even offer part or all of our Services. Types of information Coinpass typically collect from users are as follows:
Contact Information - name, address, telephone number, and email address.
Financial Information - bank account details, credit & debit card details
Identification Numbers - NI number or Government identification numbers
Personnel Information - DOB, gender, occupation, employment status and other optional information
Coinpass may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information provided. In addition, Coinpass also store information when users use Coinpass services such as
Transaction Information - Information about the transactions users complete via Coinpass Services
Device Information - Coinpass collect information about the devices users use to access Coinpass Services
The purpose of collecting personal information by Coinpass is to provide users with a secure, smooth and efficient service. Coinpass use personal information to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. Coinpass may use this information in the following ways:
- Account Management, send technical notices, updates, security alerts and administrative messages
- Provision of customer support and services requests by the user.
- Improve security, prevent fraud, monitor and verify identity or service access
- Combat spam or other malware or security risks
- Transactions processing and sending transaction alerts
- Identity verification of personal information against third-party databases.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce Coinpass user agreements
- Delivery of marketing and promotional offers, and notify users of partner events
- Customise, measure, and improve a user’s personal experience
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations, enforce agreements with third parties
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of Coinpass user terms
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
- Quality control and staff training
Coinpass will not use a users’ personal information for purposes other than those purposes Coinpass have disclosed to them, without their permission. From time to time Coinpass may request a user’s permission to allow Coinpass to share a users’ personal information with third parties. Users may choose not to have their personal information shared with third parties where Coinpass rely on consent as the lawful basis for processing their personal information. Users can also choose not to allow Coinpass to use their personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which Coinpass originally collected it, if users choose to limit the use of their personal information, certain Coinpass features or services may not be available.
Coinpass may disclose any information Coinpass collect about a user, whether a user is active or inactive, this includes non-public personal information and any other information Coinpass collect with non-affiliated third parties, including non-financial companies. Information disclosures may be made to:
- Service providers for marketing services on Coinpass behalf
- Normal business purposes, e.g. process transactions, maintain accounts, or reporting
- Share user information to comply with our legal obligations or investigations
In addition, other than in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of Coinpass Limited, Coinpass will not sell or rent any of a users’ information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. Note that third parties that support our customer identification and anti-fraud controls may retain and use information about users to perform services on our behalf and to improve their services. By using Coinpass Services, users consent to the retention and use of such information by these providers to improve their services.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
SECURITY AND STORAGE
Coinpass implement security practices and procedures to help protect the confidentiality and security of user information, including any non-public personal information. Coinpass protect user information using reasonable physical, technical and administrative security measures, including limiting access to users’ information to employees with a need to know such information.
User have available to them the following selection criteria
- Coinpass use both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies expire when users log out of their account or close their browser. Persistent cookies remain on a users’ computer or mobile device until they are erased or expire. Users are free to decline most of our cookies if their browser or browser add-on permits, however choosing to remove or disable Coinpass cookies may interfere with their use and functionality of the Coinpass Services
- Users may access and review or update online account information at any time by logging into their coinpass account and viewing their profile. Note even when the account is closed Coinpass may retain their information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes
- Users may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Coinpass by following the online instructions in those communications. Opting out of receiving promotional communications, may still mean Coinpass send users messages that Coinpass are required to communicate to users relating to the operation and administration of their account.
Coinpass understand the importance of user privacy, which is why Coinpass has put in place appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of a users’ personal information. Coinpass store and process all or part of a users’ personal information and transaction data in a secure location. Coinpass protect user personal information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
Coinpass do not guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorised acquisition, or alteration of user data will not occur. User must recognise that they have a vital role in protecting their own personal information, by creating a secure password that is confidential from all third parties. Coinpass cannot ensure or warrant the security or confidentiality of user information that users provide to Coinpass via the Internet or wireless connection, including email, phone, or SMS, since Coinpass have no way of protecting that information during its transmission. Users should notify Coinpass immediately if they suspect a security breach via email or telephone.
Coinpass do not knowingly request to collect personal information from any individual under the age of 18. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being under 18 years of age, Coinpass will require the user to close the account and terminate all access. Please notify Coinpass if you know of any user under the age of 18 using our web site.
Users have a right to access the information Coinpass hold about them. Users are entitled to review, correct, delete, or edit their personal information. Users can do this at any time by logging in to their account and going into their Profile.
If users close their coinpass Account, the user account will be marked as "Terminated," but Coinpass will keep the user account information in their database for a period of time as allowed by applicable law. The reason for the retention is in order to deter fraud, by ensuring that persons who try to commit fraud will not be able to avoid detection simply by closing their account and opening a new account. Please note once an account is closed, a users’ personal information will not be used by us for any further purposes, sold or shared with third parties.
Users have a right of access to the personal information that Coinpass hold on the user under European data protection legislation, and to some related information. User can require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted
Coinpass will retain a users’ personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes of:
- maintaining Coinpass services
- fulfilling any contractua
- legal and regulatory purposes.
RIGHTS TO THE USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Users can object to our use of their personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and they may have the right to object to Coinpass processing some or all of their personal information in some other circumstances. If a user wishes to exercise any of these rights, please contact Coinpass via the web site.
Users can also complain about Coinpass processing of their personal information to the relevant data protection authority. Users can complain in the EU member state where they live or work, or in the place where the alleged breach of data protection law has taken place. In the UK, the relevant data protection authority is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).